jeux - [Jeux libres] Porting Any Open Source C/C++ Project To The Web using the C/C++-to-Javascript compiler Emscripten

Objet : Liste de discussion sur les jeux libres / Mailing list on Free games (liste à inscription publique)

[Jeux libres] Porting Any Open Source C/C++ Project To The Web using the C/C++-to-Javascript compiler Emscripten

  • From: thibaut bethune <thibaut.bethune AT gmail.com>
  • To: jeux AT april.org
  • Subject: [Jeux libres] Porting Any Open Source C/C++ Project To The Web using the C/C++-to-Javascript compiler Emscripten
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 18:59:55 +0200

Hi,

I've just read about that Google SUmmer of Code for Mozilla which
looks interessant to create cross-platforms games :

"Porting Any Open Source C/C++ Project To The Web
I'm applying the project Port Any Open Source C/C++ Project To The
Web. By using the C/C++-to-Javascript compiler Emscripten, I'll port
the game SuperTux to the web. SuperTux is a classic 2D jump and run
sidescroller game in a style similar to the original Super Mario game.
It's written in C++ and released under GNU Public Licence. I'll use
Emscripten to build the game and fix any problems along the way (for
example to implement missing library functions in Emscripten), and
optimize the generated Javascript code to make sure the game running
smoothly in browsers. I hope through this project to make Emscripten
and the web more fascinating. "
https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/project/google/gsoc2012/xxp/21002

Salut,
Il s'agit d'un projet sponsorisé GSoC pour Mozilla afin améliorer un
outil de conversion de logiciels de C/C++ vers JavaScript, ça a l'air
interéssant pour élargir son audience en créant des jeux
cross-platformes

Thibaut