trad-gnu - [Trad Gnu] [News] January 1, 2014 - Christian Media Communique - Circe And The Sirens

Objet : Liste de travail pour la traduction de la philosophie GNU (liste à inscription publique)

[Trad Gnu] [News] January 1, 2014 - Christian Media Communique - Circe And The Sirens

  • From: James Lloyd <bibleprophecy AT scripturallysound.info>
  • To: trad-gnu AT april.org
  • Subject: [Trad Gnu] [News] January 1, 2014 - Christian Media Communique - Circe And The Sirens
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 07:45:47 -0800

Christian Media

Communiqué

CIRCE AND THE SIRENS

In Greek mythology, Circe was a female enchantress, who lured men to her island abode. She was known for her sensuality, her mastery of magic and potions, and a notorious legend in which she turned men into swine. Similarly, the Sirens were irresistible women, infamous for mesmerizing sailors who, once hearing their intoxicating song, were helplessly drawn to their deaths on the rocks of the island where they lived.

What is of interest to the Christian in these ancient myths is the Spiritual parallels to those now entangled in the New Testament predicted Strong Delusion – to say nothing of the fact the ancients were intensely aware of the very concept of being warned about such supernaturally generated hypnotic power. Indeed, in the many accounts of Circe and the lethal Song of the Sirens, we find the warnings were commonly ignored, or the metaphoric mariners frequently believed they were somehow immune to the danger. So it is with the Strong Delusion so intensely communicated by the Apostle Paul in his Thessalonian alert:

“…God shall send them Strong Delusion, that they should believe a lie…then shall that wicked be revealed…whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders” (II Thessalonians 2:11, 8, 9).

It’s particularly intriguing to note how most believers have heard these verses, yet only a tiny percentage ever allow such texts to fundamentally change their approach to Bible prophecy. In fact, by directly addressing such Scriptures, the leaders of most assemblies of believers strike a pre-emptive blow, as they warn their flocks of a soon to be revealed delusion when, in fact, virtually every church in the world has been long leavened with the very deception described in the text.

The tactic of preaching about a Strong Delusion, while assuming that it has not already affected one’s own belief structure, neutralizes any objective internal scrutiny. Anticipating the potential scope of this deception, the Apostle who warned of it urged his readers to do the following:

“Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves” (II Corinthians 13:5).

Ironically, in one of the many legends concerning the spellbinding power of the seductive Sirens, In Homer’s classic tale of the Odyssey, King Odysseus assumes he will be caught in the supernatural trap of the Siren’s melodies -- so he has his sailors strap him to the mast of the ship – and instructs the crew that no matter how emphatic his subsequent commands, they are not to release him until the dangerous lure has been left behind.

“…for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light” (Luke 16:8).

Few Christians recognize we have a more sure method with which to anchor our faith, and it is based on the absolute truth of the Scriptures, as the LORD Himself leads us through the dangerous waters before us:

“For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings” (Hebrews 2:10).

The Word of the LORD is filled with parallels, for just as the Greek goddess figure Circe enslaved the unwary who were exposed to her Spiritually seductive wiles, the Strong Delusion is also associated with a form of harlotry – embodied in the Scripturally described sorceress characterized as Mystery Babylon.

It is a rare believer in the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob who can see the Spiritual signature associated with the idea of the alleged “Church,” as a body distinguished from born again Israel. In fact, those willing to venture into the wilderness where the LORD leads in order to find the truth, will find a link between the proper name Circe (pronounced Kirkee), and the unscriptural proper noun “Church” – a word also originally pronounced Kirkee.

Nowhere in Scripture is the word “church” capitalized, a grammatical deception which transforms the underlying word for assembly into a form which imbeds the term with false doctrine. Revealingly, the dictionary tells us the word “church” has a Greek antecedent, as it is related to the demonic, apostate body of Circe:

church [Middle English chirche, from Old English cirice…from late Greek kyrikon” (Webster’s Third New International Dictionary, and Seven Language Dictionary).

The proper name of the Greek enchantress Circe, whose attractive body transformed men into pigs, is mysteriously linked to the Old English word “church” – including the identical pronunciation:

Circe - sorceress deity who transformed men into beasts, from Greek Kirke” (Webster’s, op. cit.).

The transmission of the word is also associated with circle – as in a group – the precise meaning of the Greek word underlying church in the New Testament manuscripts, as the word refers to an assembly.

If the reader has ears to hear, he or she will notice that commentaries, articles, books, and a plethora of Christian writings will routinely capitalize the word church, as they seek to unscripturally elevate what is essentially a neutral noun (meaning an assembly), thus transforming it into a proper noun.

The original fraud traces back to Roman Catholicism, as the Papists sought to replace Israel with a separate body they artificially created. Later Protestants, notably the Rapture Cult, compounded the error by seeking to separate the “Church” from the body of Israel – in yet another unscriptural proposition.

Thus, those who seek the truth of the Strong Delusion via the vessel known as the “Church,” are already ensnared in the Song of the Sirens – whose leader is Circe the Sorceress – another of the names of blasphemy.

“And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived” (Revelation 18:23).

--- James Lloyd

Dear Christian Friend,

This prophecy article was sent to you by one of our volunteers – a person who believes the LORD is doing a very special work at the ministry which produces this writing. People need to receive this information, but the resistance is fierce in these end times.

The Communique is but a part of the Christian Media ministry. A lot of people are trying to stop us from what we’re doing in Bible Prophecy, so if you’d like to read more along the lines of the present writing, we would love to send you the Communique in the future -- but we need to hear from you, as there are far too many people out there to continually send it on an unsolicited basis.

To get the next installment of the Communique (it’s all free), just hit reply and put the word YES! in the subject line, and the person who forwarded this email to you will arrange for us to send you links on prophecy and predictions of things you can expect to see in the near future.

We also stream prophecy audio 24/7 and have downloadable video shows as well, so a YES! response will get you all the links you need to access these materials.

Some are convinced Christians should never send an Email to someone without permission (Did the Disciples of Jesus ask people for permission to tell them the Good News?), while others don’t consider prophecy important – and there are other reasons people don’t want to receive our material. If that’s the case, just reply with the word REMOVE in the subject line (that part is important as our software looks for that word), and we will cheerfully delete your name from our database.

Thanks for reading this far, and we hope you’ll respond favorably, reply with a YES!, and take a look at what the LORD has shown us here at the Christian Media ministry.

  • [Trad Gnu] [News] January 1, 2014 - Christian Media Communique - Circe And The Sirens, James Lloyd, 02/01/2014