trad-gnu - [Trad Gnu] Supporter for March

Objet : Liste de travail pour la traduction de la philosophie GNU (liste à inscription publique)

[Trad Gnu] Supporter for March

  • From: Stephen Mahood <mv AT fsf.org>
  • To: "fsfwww-translators-es-discuss AT gnu.org" <fsfwww-translators-es-discuss AT gnu.org>, trad-gnu AT april.org
  • Subject: [Trad Gnu] Supporter for March
  • Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2017 14:16:40 -0500

Hey folks,

Attached is the markdown version for the March supporter.

~mv

--
stephen mahood
outreach & communication

# Free Software Supporter
Issue 107, March 2017

Welcome to the Free Software Supporter, the Free Software Foundation's (FSF)
monthly news digest and action update—being read by you and 138,677
other activists. That's 4,090 more than last month!

### Here's a sneak peek at LibrePlanet 2017: [Register today!][0]

[0]:
https://my.fsf.org/civicrm/event/register?reset=1&id=47&pk_campaign=2017-LibrePlanet&pk_kwd=fssmarch

*From February 16th*

On March 25 & 26, 2017, free software hackers, lawyers, activists,
students, educators, librarians, and community organizers will gather
at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) to explore the
roots of software freedom. Will YOU be there? [Pre-order your
LibrePlanet T-shirt today!][1]

[1]: https://shop.fsf.org/tshirts-hoodies/libreplanet-2017

Don't delay: Register today to ensure that you will attend LibrePlanet
2017: The Roots of Freedom. Remember, FSF members and students attend
gratis.

*
<https://www.fsf.org/blogs/community/heres-a-sneak-peek-at-libreplanet-2017-register-today>

### Already in the Boston area already? Become a LibrePlanet Volunteer!

We have a number of training sessions scheduled. If you are in the area
on any of the following dates and plan to attend LibrePlanet then sign-up
today!
Remember volunteers get a free LibrePlanet T-shirt and free entrance to the
conference!

* [Wednesday – March 8th][2] 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM EST

[2]: https://my.fsf.org/civicrm/event/register?reset=1&id=60

* [Friday – March 10th][3] 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM EST

[3]: https://my.fsf.org/civicrm/event/register?reset=1&id=62

* [Tuesday – March 14th][4] 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM EDT

[4]: https://my.fsf.org/civicrm/event/register?reset=1&id=63

* [Thursday – March 16th][5] 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM EDT

[5]: https://my.fsf.org/civicrm/event/register?reset=1&id=64

* [Wednesday – March 22nd][6] 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM EDT

[6]: https://my.fsf.org/civicrm/event/register?reset=1&id=65

* [Friday – March 24th][7] 2:30 PM - 4:30 PM EDT (*For people
traveling from outside the New England area*)

[7]: https://my.fsf.org/civicrm/event/register?reset=1&id=66

## TABLE OF CONTENTS

* Response to Tim Berners-Lee's defeatist post about DRM in Web standards
* We are hiring! FSF Job Opportunity: Campaigns Manager
* RMS on the road
* What's a cryptovalentine?
* ACLU Massachusetts Technology for Liberty Director Kade Crockford at
LibrePlanet 2017
* Sumana Harihareswara's keynote will close LibrePlanet 2017
* Licensing resource series: the FSF Compliance Lab Team
* Take action to stop the censorship machine
* A battle rages for the future of the Web
* Replicant 6.0 development updates
* Neil McGovern named new GNOME Foundation executive director
* Please support an FSF endorsed distro Musix GNU+Linux 4.0
* Software Freedom Conservancy's Karen Sandler talked to students about
software freedom
* European free software policy meeting 2017
* February Free Software Directory meeting recaps
* Join the FSF and friends in updating the Free Software Directory
* LibrePlanet featured resource: Birds of a Feather sessions at LibrePlanet
* GNU Spotlight with Brandon Invergo: Sixteen new GNU releases!
* Richard Stallman's speaking schedule and other FSF events
* Thank GNUs!
* GNU copyright contributions
* Take action with the FSF!

View this issue online here:
<https://www.fsf.org/free-software-supporter/2017/march>

Encourage your friends to subscribe and help us build an audience by
adding our subscriber widget to your Web site.

* Subscribe: <https://www.fsf.org/free-software-supporter>
* Widget: <https://www.fsf.org/associate/widget>

Miss an issue? You can catch up on back issues at
<https://www.fsf.org/free-software-supporter>.

###

El Free Software Supporter está disponible en español. Para ver la
versión en español haz click aqui:
<https://www.fsf.org/free-software-supporter/2017/marzo>

**Para cambiar las preferencias de usuario y recibir los próximos
números del Supporter en español, haz click aquí:**

<https://my.fsf.org/civicrm/profile/edit?reset=1&gid=34&id={contact.contact_id}&{contact.checksum}>

Le Free Software Supporter est disponible en français. Pour voir la
version française cliquez ici:
<https://www.fsf.org/free-software-supporter/2017/mars>

**Pour modifier vos préférences et recevoir les prochaines
publications du Supporter en français, cliquez ici:**

<https://my.fsf.org/civicrm/profile/edit?reset=1&gid=34&id={contact.contact_id}&{contact.checksum}>

### Response to Tim Berners-Lee's defeatist post about DRM in Web standards

*From February 28th*

Tim Berners-Lee, inventor of the World Wide Web, star of the 2012
Olympics opening ceremony, and one of the best-known tech celebrities
outside of Silicon Valley, believes he is powerless.

Well, at least when it comes to keeping Web users free and safe.

*
<https://defectivebydesign.org/blog/response_tim_bernerslees_defeatist_post_about_drm_web_standards>

### We are hiring! FSF Job Opportunity: Campaigns Manager

*From February 28th*

We are seeking a motivated and talented Boston-based individual to be our
full-time Campaigns Manager. Reporting to the executive director, the
Campaigns Manager works on our campaigns team to plan, carry out, evaluate,
and improve FSF's advocacy and education campaigns. The team also works
closely with other FSF departments, including licensing, operations, and
tech. The position will start by taking responsibility for existing campaigns
in support of the GNU Project, free software adoption, free media formats,
and freedom on the network; and against Digital Restrictions Management (DRM),
software patents, and proprietary software.

* <https://www.fsf.org/news/fsf-job-opportunity-campaigns-manager>

### RMS on the road

#### Photos from Germany

*From February 28th*

RMS was in Germany this month, to give his speech “Free Software, Your
Freedom, Your Privacy,” in three different cities, all on the
invitation of the Gesellschaft für Informatik (GI), the German
Informatics Society, a network of professionals whose shared goal is
to “motivate for informatics, develop the scientific discipline and
promote the impact informatics has on the economy, business and
society.”

* <https://www.fsf.org/blogs/rms/photo-blog-2017-february-germany>

#### Photos from Michigan

*From February 14th*

RMS was in the U.S. state of Michigan this month, to give stand-alone
speech on three different campuses. RMS visited Kalamazoo College,
Wayne State University with University of Windsor remotely and finally
Calvin College. Check out the photos and learn how to have RMS come to
your town or community!

* <https://www.fsf.org/blogs/rms/photo-blog-2017-january-february-michigan>

### What's a cryptovalentine?

*From February 13th*

Roses are red, violets, are blue; I use free software to encrypt my
online communication and you can too.

* <https://www.fsf.org/blogs/community/whats-a-cryptovalentine>

### ACLU Massachusetts Technology for Liberty Director Kade Crockford at
LibrePlanet 2017

*From February 6th*

We announced that Kade Crockford of the American Civil Liberties Union
of Massachusetts will be a keynote speaker at LibrePlanet on Saturday,
March 25th, 2017. Kade Crockford is the Director of the Technology for
Liberty Program at the ACLU of Massachusetts. Kade works to protect
and expand core First and Fourth Amendment rights and civil liberties
in the digital 21st century, focusing on how systems of surveillance
and control impact not just society in general but their primary
targets—people of color, Muslims, immigrants, and dissidents.

*
<https://www.fsf.org/news/aclu-technology-for-liberty-director-kade-crockford-at-libreplanet-2017>

### Sumana Harihareswara's keynote will close LibrePlanet 2017

*From January 25th*

Sumana Harihareswara will be a keynote speaker at LibrePlanet, the
annual free software conference, on Sunday, March 26th, 2017.
Harihareswara is a veteran speaker, having delivered keynotes at
Open Source Bridge, code4lib, and Wiki Conference USA. She has
spoken at numerous conferences on a variety of topics, including
PyCon and LibrePlanet, where, in 2016, she talked about the
inessential weirdness in free software. Her stand-up comedy has
been seen at AlterConf and science fiction conventions across
America.

*
<https://www.fsf.org/news/sumana-harihareswaras-keynote-will-close-libreplanet-2017>

### Licensing resource series: the FSF Compliance Lab Team

*From February 2nd*

The license volunteers are an amazing group of people, but they are
often working behind the scenes. With all the hard work they do, they
really deserve some time in the spotlight. That is why this
installment of our licensing resource series is focusing on the
Compliance Lab Team. Here you can find out a little bit more about the
volunteers, their backgrounds, and areas of interest.

*
<https://www.fsf.org/blogs/licensing/licensing-resource-series-the-fsf-compliance-lab-team>

### Take action to stop the censorship machine

*From February 1st by OpenMedia*

Dangerous new censorship proposals are on their way. Lobbyists for the
music and publishing industries are pulling out all the stops to
impose censorship machinery on the American people via extreme new
copyright rules. They want to force websites to build expensive robot
programs to spy for copyrighted material. This means they will block
ones work before you post it—before you’ve done anything wrong—and
violate your free expression online. U.S. copyright lobbyists even
wrote to Trump attacking civil society efforts for fairer copyright
and calling our desire to protect free expression "dangerous," so new
rules could pass quickly unless we show the U.S. Copyright Office just
how many Americans oppose this censorship plan. Sign on to endorse the
letter below and we’ll tell the Copyright Office where you stand!

* <https://act.openmedia.org/censorshipmachine?src=161177>

### A battle rages for the future of the Web

*From February 13th by J.M. Porup*

The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), led by Sir Tim Berners-Lee, looks
set to standardize DRM-enabling Encrypted Media Extensions (EME) in
browsers, a move that betrays the founding principles of the open Web.
When Berners-Lee invented the Web, he gave it away. His employer at
the time, European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN), licensed
the patents royalty-free for anyone to use. An open architecture that
supported the free flow of information for all made it what it is
today. But that openness is under assault, and Berners-Lee's support
for standardizing EME, a browser application programming interface
(API) that enables DRM (digital restrictions management) for
media playback, has provoked a raging battle within the W3C, the
organization that sets the standards for how browsers work. Should the
World Wide Web (WWW) be locked down with DRM? Tim Berners-Lee needs to
decide, and soon.

*
<https://arstechnica.co.uk/information-technology/2017/02/future-of-the-www-timbl-drm/>

### Replicant 6.0 development updates

*From February 1st by Wolfgang Wiedmeyer*

Replicant 6.0 is moving forward and quite some work has been done over
the last months. With support for external WiFi dongles with the
AR9271 chipset, graphics rendering and security/privacy enhancements.
Check out all the other updates

* <http://blog.replicant.us/2017/02/replicant-6-0-development-updates/>

### Neil McGovern named new GNOME Foundation executive director

*From February 1st by GNOME Foundation*

The GNOME Foundation is pleased to announce the appointment of Neil
McGovern as its new Executive Director. McGovern officially started to
work for the GNOME Foundation on February 15, 2017. McGovern is an
experienced leader in free software projects and is best known for his
role as Debian Project Leader from 2014-15. He has been on the boards
of numerous organizations, including Software in the Public Interest,
Inc. and the Open Rights Group.

* <https://www.gnome.org/news/2017/02/neil-mcgovern-executive-director/>

### Please support an FSF endorsed distro Musix GNU+Linux 4.0

*From February 10th by Musix GNU+Linux*

"When I founded Musix GNU + Linux in 2004, the Argentine country was
coming out of a terrible economic crisis and I was quite unoccupied,
mainly because I had no family yet, nor car, didn't own a house, no
expensive bills to pay month to month and so. My main job in Musix was
to master the distro (I spent days and nights there, focusing only on
that), receiving bug reports and solving them, asking in the mailing
lists for suggestions, managing the wiki (I’ve written endless
documentation together to other collaborators), to advertise in
distrowatch, to carry out talks in all the country and other
activities."

The maintainer needs just $900 USD to do the basic job of updating and
maintaining the distro. They are planning to build Musix GNU+Linux 4.0
in just 1 month of hard work.

*
<https://musixdistro.wordpress.com/2017/02/10/please-donate-for-musix-gnulinux-4-0/>

### Software Freedom Conservancy's Karen Sandler talked to students about
software freedom

*From February 9th by Software Freedom Conservancy*

Karen Sandler took the stage at Campus Party Brasil to talk about
software freedom in her talk “Cyborgs Unite!” Campus Party Brasil 2017
was held in São Paulo, Brazil. This year 8,000 people attended the
conference. Targeted at students. Check out the video of her talk!

* <https://sfconservancy.org/news/2017/feb/09/karen-campus-party-brasil/>

### European free software policy meeting 2017

*From February 14th by FSF Europe*

Building on the experience from last year's successful pre-FOSDEM
meeting, the Free Software Foundation Europe and OpenForum Europe
recently continued the tradition of bringing together active free
software groups a day before the FOSDEM event, in order to discuss
public policy related actions at both the European Union (EU) and the
national levels. This year, the meeting focused on encouraging
exchanges of views between individual citizens and decision-makers, by
providing practical first-hand information on topics relating to free
software in public policy.

* <https://fsfe.org/news/2017/news-20170214-02.en.html>

### February Free Software Directory meeting recaps

Check out the great work our volunteers accomplished at the February
Free Software Directory meetings. Every week free software activists
from around the world come together in #fsf on irc.gnu.org to
help improve the Free Software Directory.

*February 3rd meeting*

*
<https://www.fsf.org/blogs/directory/free-software-directory-meeting-recap-for-february-3rd-2017>

*February 10th meeting*

*
<https://www.fsf.org/blogs/directory/free-software-directory-meeting-recap-for-february-10th-2017>

*February 17th meeting*

*
<https://www.fsf.org/blogs/directory/free-software-directory-meeting-recap-for-february-17th-2017>

### Join the FSF and friends in updating the Free Software Directory

Tens of thousands of people visit directory.fsf.org each month to
discover free software. Each entry in the Directory contains a wealth
of useful information, from basic category and descriptions to version
control, IRC channels, documentation, and licensing. The Free Software
Directory has been a great resource to software users over the past
decade, but it needs your help staying up-to-date with new and
exciting free software projects.

To help, join our weekly IRC meetings on Fridays. Meetings take place
in the #fsf channel on irc.gnu.org, and usually include a handful of
regulars as well as newcomers. Everyone's welcome.

The next meeting is Friday, March 3rd from 12pm to 3pm EDT (16:00 to
19:00 UTC). Details here:

* <https://directory.fsf.org/wiki/Free_Software_Directory:Meetings>

### LibrePlanet featured resource: Birds of a Feather sessions at LibrePlanet

Every month on LibrePlanet, we highlight one resource that is
interesting and useful—often one that could use your help.

For this month, we are highlighting Birds of a Feather sessions, which
are a time for people to get together around a specific topic or
identity, either to focus on conversations, come up with new ideas, or
just spend time socializing. If you have ideas share them on the wiki!

* <https://libreplanet.org/wiki/LibrePlanet:Conference/2017>

Do you have a suggestion for next month's featured resource? Let us
know at <campaigns AT fsf.org>.

### GNU Spotlight with Brandon Invergo: Sixteen new GNU releases!

(as of February 25, 2017):

* [ddrescue-1.22](https://www.gnu.org/software/ddrescue/)
* [ed-1.14.2](https://www.gnu.org/software/ed/)
* [ggradebook-0.92](https://www.gnu.org/software/ggradebook/)
* [glibc-2.25](https://www.gnu.org/software/glibc/)
* [gnuhealth-3.0.6](http://health.gnu.org/)
* [gnutls-3.5.9](https://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/)
* [grep-3.0](https://www.gnu.org/software/grep/)
* [guile-2.0.14](https://www.gnu.org/software/guile/)
* [libiconv-1.15](https://www.gnu.org/software/libiconv/)
* [libsigsegv-2.11](https://www.gnu.org/software/libsigsegv/)
* [linux-libre-4.10-gnu](https://www.gnu.org/software/linux-libre/)
* [nano-2.7.5](https://www.gnu.org/software/nano/)
* [octave-4.2.1](https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/)
* [parallel-20170222](https://www.gnu.org/software/parallel/)
* [sed-4.4](https://www.gnu.org/software/sed/)
* [wget-1.19.1](https://www.gnu.org/software/wget/)

For announcements of most new GNU releases, subscribe to the info-gnu
mailing list: <https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/info-gnu>.

To download: nearly all GNU software is available from
<https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/>, or preferably one of its mirrors from
<https://www.gnu.org/prep/ftp.html>. You can use the URL
<https://ftpmirror.gnu.org/> to be automatically redirected to a
(hopefully) nearby and up-to-date mirror.

This month, we welcome Christopher Dimech as the maintainer of the new
GNU package Behistun and Mathieu Lirzin as the new maintainer of Mcron
and Automake.

A number of GNU packages, as well as the GNU operating system as a
whole, are looking for maintainers and other assistance: please see
<https://www.gnu.org/server/takeaction.html#unmaint> if you'd like to
help. The general page on how to help GNU is at
<https://www.gnu.org/help/help.html>.

If you have a working or partly working program that you'd like
to offer to the GNU Project as a GNU package, see
<https://www.gnu.org/help/evaluation.html>.

As always, please feel free to write to us at <maintainers AT gnu.org>
with any GNUish questions or suggestions for future installments.

### Richard Stallman's speaking schedule

For event details, as well as to sign-up to be notified for future
events in your area, please visit <https://www.fsf.org/events>.

So far, Richard Stallman has the following event this month:

* March 24th, Cambridge, MA, USA, ["Richard Stallman to deliver Free
Software Awards at LibrePlanet
2017"](https://www.fsf.org/events/rms-20170325-cambridge-libreplanet)

### Other FSF and free software events

John Sullivan has the following event:

* March 5th, Pasadena, CA, USA, ["Freedom Embedded" SCALE
15x](https://www.fsf.org/events/john-sullivan-20170305-pasadena-scale-freedom-embedded)

### Thank GNUs!

We appreciate everyone who donates to the Free Software Foundation,
and we'd like to give special recognition to the folks who have
donated $500 or more in the last month.

* <https://www.gnu.org/thankgnus/2017supporters.html>

This month, a big Thank GNU to:

* Jörn Callies
* Shawn C [ a.k.a "citypw"]
* Jason Compton
* Katrin Scharnowski
* Ed Price

You can add your name to this list by donating at
<https://donate.fsf.org/>.

### GNU copyright contributions

Assigning your copyright to the Free Software Foundation helps us
defend the GPL and keep software free. The following individuals have
assigned their copyright to the FSF in the past month:

* Yuri D'Elia (Emacs)
* Jordon Biondo (Emacs)
* Rаdon Rosborough (Emacs)
* Didier Nadeau (GDB)
* Matthew Malcomson (GDB)
* Tom Szilagyi (Wget)
* Joe Jevnik (GCC)
* Andrew Robbins (Emacs)
* Iurii Gribov (GCC) (glibc) (Binutils)
* Steven Allen (Emacs)

Want to see your name on this list? Contribute to GNU and assign your
copyright to the FSF.

<https://www.gnu.org/server/takeaction.html#dev>

### Take action with the FSF!

Contributions from thousands of individual members enable the FSF's
work. You can contribute by joining at <https://my.fsf.org/join>. If
you're already a member, you can help refer new members (and earn some
rewards) by adding a line with your member number to your email
signature like:

I'm an FSF member—Help us support software freedom!
<https://my.fsf.org/join>

The FSF is always looking for volunteers
(<https://www.fsf.org/volunteer>). From rabble-rousing to hacking,
from issue coordination to envelope stuffing—there's something
here for everybody to do. Also, head over to our campaigns section
(<https://www.fsf.org/campaigns>) and take action on software
patents, Digital Restrictions Management (DRM), free software
adoption, OpenDocument, Recording Industry Association of America
(RIAA), and more.

###

Copyright © 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0
Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit
<https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/>.

Archives gérées par MHonArc 2.6.19+.

Haut de le page