jeux - [Jeux libres] Tethical, a free Tactical RPG Maker

Objet : Liste de discussion sur les jeux libres / Mailing list on Free games (liste à inscription publique)

[Jeux libres] Tethical, a free Tactical RPG Maker

  • From: Jean-André Santoni <jean.andre.santoni AT gmail.com>
  • To: jeux AT april.org
  • Subject: [Jeux libres] Tethical, a free Tactical RPG Maker
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 15:20:42 +0200

I'm developing a game engine to create tactical RPGs. I have seen 2 or 3 projects like this, because Linux lacks this style of game, but they all died. We are a team of 4 people now, 3 coders and 1 pixel artist. We use Panda3D which is a very good tool to create games.

I think we need help choosing a license and convincing people that we can have an economical model around a free tool. You can read this topic to see what kind of fear arises when coming to the choice of a free license http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=8706.0

Do you know any good way, any success story of game creators living of their free games?

  • [Jeux libres] Tethical, a free Tactical RPG Maker, Jean-André Santoni, 25/04/2012