trad-gnu - [Trad Gnu] Re: Urgent: using the GNU 30th logo on a t-shirt

Objet : Liste de travail pour la traduction de la philosophie GNU (liste à inscription publique)

[Trad Gnu] Re: Urgent: using the GNU 30th logo on a t-shirt

  • From: Ineiev <ineiev AT gnu.org>
  • To: GNU Website Discussion <www-discuss AT gnu.org>
  • Cc: trad-gnu AT april.org, Zak Rogoff <zak AT fsf.org>
  • Subject: [Trad Gnu] Re: Urgent: using the GNU 30th logo on a t-shirt
  • Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 07:58:54 +0400

Hello, Luca;

On 09/08/2013 10:18 PM, Luca Saiu wrote:
I'm trying to have custom t-shirts made for the Paris anniversary
celebration, which will be earlier than the others.

I'd like to use a modified version of a translation of the gnu30 banner;
the translated version is:
http://listes.april.org/wws/arc/trad-gnu/2013-09/msg00009/gnu-30-1.fr.svg

I've tentatively adapted it into this image:
http://ageinghacker.net/gnu30-scratch/gnu-30-1.fr-t-shirt.svg

Now, the problem is that CC BY-SA 2.0 requires attribution, and a line
of legal notices would look pretty ugly on a t-shirt. By the way, I
can't even find an explicit author mentioned anywhere, so the notice
doesn't seem very useful anyway.

Empty attribution is still an attribution IMVHO.

For these reasons, I'd ask you to please let me use a derivative work of
your design for printing on t-shirts, without attribution. I need the
permission of the author of the original design on gnu.org, and the
French translator -- whoever they are. If I don't get that, I'll need
to add some ugly small text somewhere, polluting a very clean design.

Of course I have no problems publishing an electronic copy somewhere
with full legal notices.

CCing Zak Rogoff who submitted the banner to webmasters.