trad-gnu - Re: GNU french translations coodinator

Objet : Liste de travail pour la traduction de la philosophie GNU (liste à inscription publique)

Re: GNU french translations coodinator

  • From: Siltaar <siltaar AT framasoft.net>
  • Cc: trad-gnu AT april.org, trans-coord-discuss AT gnu.org
  • Subject: Re: GNU french translations coodinator
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 11:05:07 +0100

Hello,

I wanted to confirm that no one around Framasoft is volunteer to
handle the coordination part. What our benevolent organization can
assume is making rather good en -> fr translations.

So we need a coordinator to that would give us text as an input, and
would receive translated text from us.

Yesterday, both Jean-Philippe MENGUAL <mengualjeanphi AT free.fr> from
Traduc.org and Hicham Yamout <hicham AT gmail.com> whom has a translation
agency already helping for arabic and english languages, declared that
they would be interested in handling the coordination part of the work
(from CVS to CVS).

I don't know if it's convenient to be many collaborating at this
position, but from my point of view it makes (should make) no
difference :)

Hicham who seems to have some experience in this matter can be from
great help to Jean-Philippe I think. And this way I recall also the
contact of Cedric Corazza, former french-translation coordinator :
<cedric.corazza AT wanadoo.fr>

As I stated to Jean-Philippe, Framalang team will handle translations
posted in our instance of Etherpad (pad.framasoft.fr) and announced on
our mailling-list : http://www.framablog.org/index.php/pages/framalang
(1st input-text to subscribe).

To Delphine : If you are interested in usefully translating texts from
english to french, I can't avoid to invite you to join the Framalang
team. It mainly works on articles for the Framablog.org, but also on
documentations (Wordpress, FLOSS Manual of Thunderbird), and on full
books such as the french translation of RMS bio published in the
Framabook.org collection, the newly published « Producing OpenSource
Software » (from Karl Fogel) or the soon to be published « Imagine
there's no Copyright » (from Joost Smiers & al).

With regards,
--
Simon Descarpentries
   +33 6 76 97 02 53