traductions - Re: [Trad April] Re: [FR->EN] Translation of : Rapport de stage : "Le secure boot : de l' informatique de confiance à l'informatique déloyale "

Objet : Liste de discussion pour le groupe de travail traductions (liste à inscription publique)

Re: [Trad April] Re: [FR->EN] Translation of : Rapport de stage : "Le secure boot : de l' informatique de confiance à l'informatique déloyale "

  • From: Thérèse Godefroy <godef.th AT free.fr>
  • To: Jeanne Tadeusz <jtadeusz AT april.org>
  • Cc: traductions AT april.org
  • Subject: Re: [Trad April] Re: [FR->EN] Translation of : Rapport de stage : "Le secure boot : de l' informatique de confiance à l'informatique déloyale "
  • Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 23:41:57 +0200

Le vendredi 13 septembre 2013 à 16:11 +0200, Jeanne Tadeusz a écrit :
> Le mardi 10 septembre 2013 12:26:29, Thérèse Godefroy a écrit :

> How does the formatting work now ? is there an easy(easier) way to put it
> on the website?
> (if so, I love the idea!).

Hello everyone, hello Jeanne,

The scripts are attached. Their names are self-explanatory and they
include a how-to. If anything is unclear, please tell me. Of course, I
didn't explain how po4a works, but the manual is very informative and
easy to read.

I also rewrote the pad header (pad-header.txt). Don't change its name if
you edit it, it is hard-coded into the script.

Have fun.
Thérèse

English translation of a <news / press release / ...>
Source : <address of the original article>

Just a few reminders, to make everyone's work easier:

- Please enter your name or pseudo, using the upper right button, and don't
hesitate to change the colour of your contribution if the default colour is
already in use. It is good practice, if returning to the pad, to use the same
(or similar) colour as you had on your first visit.
- You may use the chat window on the lower right to discuss with other
translators.

- Write the translation just below the original string, without any blank
line between the two.
- If several translations are acceptable and you can't decide between them,
or if you are unsure of the translation, enclose the “fuzzy” portion with “*”
and separate the different options with a slash.
- Write a note if a word or a sentence could not be translated of if there is
a bug in the original. The note should be commented out, meaning that it
should start with a “#” at the very beginning of each line.
- Check the typographic conventions of the destination language.
- If at all feasible, replace links pointing to resources in French by links
pointing to their translations. If a resource is not translated, specify its
language, e.g. [...]</a> (FR).
- Use the hreflang attribute of the <a> tag if the resource is not in
English. For example: <a href="http://www.april.org/fr/bla";
hreflang="fr">bla</a>.

The pad looks a little different this time. This is experimental. Please give
your feedback.

This pad was created from the original page by a script based on
po4a-gettextize. Once translated, it can be converted to HTML by another
script, based on po4a-translate. This is not really useful for a short page
like this one but may save some time for long ones.

Differences with the original HTML:
- The <fn></fn> tags have been replaced with {{ }}, supposedly for better
readability. We could use some other marker, or leave the tags as they are.
Here too, I need your feedback.
- The long paragraphs are split into several strings which will be fused
automatically in the end.

Final proofreader, please note:
The <strong>format</strong> is important. It will have to be checked
carefully:
- Comment out the translators' notes by adding a “#” at the very beginning of
the line.
- Don't leave any blank line between the original and its translation.
- Leave one blank line between a translated string and the next original
string.
- <strong>Don't leave any extra linefeed</strong> within strings!

Thérèse

Title:
<title of the original article>