traductions - Re: [Trad April] FR->EN actu vente forcée

Objet : Liste de discussion pour le groupe de travail traductions (liste à inscription publique)

Re: [Trad April] FR->EN actu vente forcée

  • From: Thérèse Godefroy <godef.th AT free.fr>
  • To: traductions AT april.org
  • Subject: Re: [Trad April] FR->EN actu vente forcée
  • Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 17:28:30 +0100

Le lundi 24 février 2014 à 16:55 +0100, Jeanne Tadeusz a écrit :
> Le samedi 22 février 2014 22:14:28, Thérèse Godefroy a écrit :

> > > Hello everyone,
> > >
> > > The pad is ready:
> > > https://pad.april.org/p/FrEn-vente-forcee-nouvelle-cassation
> > >
> > > The article is short, it shouldn't take too long.
> > >
> > > Best,
> > > Thérèse
> >
> > Hello proofreaders,
> >
> > The translation is waiting for you. :)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Thérèse
> >

> thanks for the translation, I've proofread it. I just have one remaining
> question: as you might have noticed, in French there has been a switch from
> "vente liée" to "vente forcée". It's two close concepts, but not exactly
> the same... do you have any idea on how to translate "vente forcée" in
> English, preferably in a way that would make sense for an English speaker ?
>
> Best,

Hi Jeanne,

Translations from Linguee:
- "forced sale", meaning "liquidation" (this is what "vente forcée"
refers to most of the time);
- "tied selling" might apply here;
- "If you have experienced coercive tied selling in any dealings with
us, please let us know."
http://walmartcanadafinancialservices.ca/wm_fncl/pdf/tied_selling_policy_en.pdf

Thérèse