trad-gnu - Re: [[TRAD GNU]] Who Does That Server Really Serve ? - Traduction commencée

Objet : Liste de travail pour la traduction de la philosophie GNU (liste à inscription publique)

Re: [[TRAD GNU]] Who Does That Server Really Serve ? - Traduction commencée

  • From: Therese Godefroy <godef.th AT free.fr>
  • To: Arthur Godet <arth.godet AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: "D. Barbier" <bouzim AT gmail.com>, trad-gnu AT april.org
  • Subject: Re: [[TRAD GNU]] Who Does That Server Really Serve ? - Traduction commencée
  • Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 18:53:26 +0100

Bonsoir Arthur,

C'est un bon début, mais il y a une chose dont tu dois t'assurer, c'est
que tu travailles bien en utf-8. Tes é et è ne sont pas corrects, le ç
n'apparaît pas (faon au lieu de façon). Je pense que c'est ça ton
principal problème. Sous Windows, l'utf-8 est sûrement en option, mais
je ne sais pas comment l'activer.

A part ça, il faut faire attention aux noms de fichiers. Dans GNU/Linux,
ils sont "sensibles à la casse", c'est-à-dire que les majuscules et les
minuscules n'ont pas la même valeur.

J'ai complété tes en-têtes et réécrit les premières chaînes pour
rectifier les accents. Regarde à quoi ça ressemble chez toi et essaie de
trouver les options qui font apparaître les accents correctement. Au cas
où tu voudrais te remettre à gtranslator ou poedit, tu n'auras pas de pb
avec ce fichier.

Cordialement,
Thérèse

Le mardi 06 décembre 2011 à 18:10 +0100, Arthur Godet a écrit :
> Excusez-moi, j'avais omis de joindre le fichier. Ce début de
> traduction ayant été fait avec le Bloc-notes, est-ce correctement
> fait ?
>

> Bonne soirée.
>

> Cordialement,
> Arthur
>
> Le 5 décembre 2011 16:17, D. Barbier <bouzim AT gmail.com> a écrit :
> Le 4 décembre 2011 19:24, Arthur Godet a écrit :
> > Bonsoir à tous,
> >
> > Bon bah je commence la traduction de cette page
> > :
> http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/who-does-that-server-really-serve.html
> >
> > J'ai encore du mal avec gtranslator (beaucoup de mal
> d'ailleurs) parce qu'il
> > me sort des erreurs dans tous les sens mais ça devrait aller
> avec le temps.
> > Au pire, faut bien mettre la traduction entre les "" au
> niveau des lignes
> > msgstr "" ?
>

> Bonjour,
>
> Pour commencer, tu devrais envoyer ta traduction après avoir
> traduit
> quelques chaînes, comme ça on pourra t'expliquer tes erreurs
> et la
> suite sera plus facile.
> Si tu as du mal avec gTranslator, tu devrais peut-être essayer
> un
> autre éditeur listé sur
> http://wiki.april.org/w/Outils_de_traduction_du_projet_GNU
>
> Denis
>
> --
> Pour gérer votre abonnement à la liste trad-gnu et vos
> informations personnelles :
> http://listes.april.org/wws/info/trad-gnu
>

> pièce jointe document texte brut (message-footer.txt)
> --
> Pour gérer votre abonnement à la liste trad-gnu et vos informations
> personnelles :
> http://listes.april.org/wws/info/trad-gnu

# French translation of http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/who-does-that-server-really-serve.html
# Copyright (C) 2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
# This file is distributed under the same license as the gnu.org page.
# Arthur Godet <arth.godet AT gmail.com>, 2011.
#
#
msgid ""
msgstr ""
"Project-Id-Version: who-does-that-server-really-serve.html\n"
"POT-Creation-Date: 2011-09-20 12:31-0300\n"
"PO-Revision-Date: 2011-12-06 18:36+0100\n"
"Last-Translator: Arthur Godet <arth.godet AT gmail.com>\n"
"Language-Team: French <trad-gnu AT april.org>\n"
"Plural-Forms:  \n"

#. type: Content of: <title>
msgid ""
"Who Does That Server Really Serve? - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation "
"(FSF)"
msgstr ""
"A qui sert vraiment ce serveur? - Projet GNU - Fondation du Logiciel Libre "
"(FSF)"

#. type: Content of: <h2>
msgid "Who does that server really serve?"
msgstr "A qui sert vraiment ce serveur?"

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid "by <strong>Richard Stallman</strong>"
msgstr "par <strong>Richard Stallman</strong>"

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"(First published by <a href=\"http://bostonreview.net/BR35.2/stallman.php\";> "
"Boston Review</a>.)"
msgstr ""
"(publié pour la première fois par <a href=\"http://bostonreview.net/BR35.2/";
"stallman.php\"> Boston Review</a>.)"

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"<strong>On the Internet, proprietary software isn't the only way to lose "
"your freedom.  Software as a Service is another way to let someone else have "
"power over your computing.</strong>"
msgstr ""
"<strong>Sur Internet, le logiciel privateur n'est pas la seule faon de "
"perdre de la puissance sur votre ordinateur.</strong>"

#. type: Content of: <h3>
msgid "Background: How Proprietary Software Takes Away Your Freedom"
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"Digital technology can give you freedom; it can also take your freedom "
"away.  The first threat to our control over our computing came from "
"<em>proprietary software</em>: software that the users cannot control "
"because the owner (a company such as Apple or Microsoft)  controls it.  The "
"owner often takes advantage of this unjust power by inserting malicious "
"features such as spyware, back doors, and <a href=\"http://DefectiveByDesign.";
"org\">Digital Restrictions Management (DRM)</a> (referred to as &ldquo;"
"Digital Rights Management&rdquo; in their propaganda)."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"Our solution to this problem is developing <em>free software</em> and "
"rejecting proprietary software.  Free software means that you, as a user, "
"have four essential freedoms: (0)&nbsp;to run the program as you wish, (1)"
"&nbsp;to study and change the source code so it does what you wish, (2)&nbsp;"
"to redistribute exact copies, and (3)&nbsp;to redistribute copies of your "
"modified versions.  (See the <a href=\"/philosophy/free-sw.html\">free "
"software definition</a>.)"
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"With free software, we, the users, take back control of our computing.  "
"Proprietary software still exists, but we can exclude it from our lives and "
"many of us have done so.  However, we now face a new threat to our control "
"over our computing: Software as a Service.  For our freedom's sake, we have "
"to reject that too."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <h3>
msgid "How Software as a Service Takes Away Your Freedom"
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"Software as a Service (SaaS) means that someone sets up a network server "
"that does certain computing tasks&mdash;running spreadsheets, word "
"processing, translating text into another language, etc.&mdash;then invites "
"users to do their computing on that server.  Users send their data to the "
"server, which does their computing on the data thus provided, then sends the "
"results back or acts on them directly."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"These servers wrest control from the users even more inexorably than "
"proprietary software.  With proprietary software, users typically get an "
"executable file but not the source code.  That makes it hard for programmers "
"to study the code that is running, so it's hard to determine what the "
"program really does, and hard to change it."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"With SaaS, the users do not have even the executable file: it is on the "
"server, where the users can't see or touch it.  Thus it is impossible for "
"them to ascertain what it really does, and impossible to change it."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"Furthermore, SaaS automatically leads to harmful consequences equivalent to "
"the malicious features of certain proprietary software.  For instance, some "
"proprietary programs are &ldquo;spyware&rdquo;: the program sends out data "
"about users' computing activities.  Microsoft Windows sends information "
"about users' activities to Microsoft.  Windows Media Player and RealPlayer "
"report what each user watches or listens to."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"Unlike proprietary software, SaaS does not require covert code to obtain the "
"user's data.  Instead, users must send their data to the server in order to "
"use it.  This has the same effect as spyware: the server operator gets the "
"data.  He gets it with no special effort, by the nature of SaaS."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"Some proprietary programs can mistreat users under remote command.  For "
"instance, Windows has a back door with which Microsoft can forcibly change "
"any software on the machine.  The Amazon Kindle e-book reader (whose name "
"suggests it's intended to burn people's books) has an Orwellian back door "
"that Amazon used in 2009 to <a href=\"http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/18/";
"technology/companies/18amazon.html\" >remotely delete</a> Kindle copies of "
"users had purchased from Amazon."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"SaaS inherently gives the server operator the power to change the software "
"in use, or the users' data being operated on.  Once again, no special code "
"is needed to do this."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"Thus, SaaS is equivalent to total spyware and a gaping wide back door, and "
"gives the server operator unjust power over the user.  We can't accept that."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <h3>
msgid "Untangling the SaaS Issue from the Proprietary Software Issue"
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"SaaS and proprietary software lead to similar harmful results, but the "
"causal mechanisms are different.  With proprietary software, the cause is "
"that you have and use a copy which is difficult or illegal to change.  With "
"SaaS, the cause is that you use a copy you don't have."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"These two issues are often confused, and not only by accident.  Web "
"developers use the vague term &ldquo;web application&rdquo; to lump the "
"server software together with programs run on your machine in your browser.  "
"Some web pages install nontrivial or even large JavaScript programs "
"temporarily into your browser without informing you.  <a href=\"/philosophy/"
"javascript-trap.html\">When these JavaScript programs are nonfree</a>, they "
"are as bad as any other nonfree software.  Here, however, we are concerned "
"with the problem of the server software itself."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"Many free software supporters assume that the problem of SaaS will be solved "
"by developing free software for servers.  For the server operator's sake, "
"the programs on the server had better be free; if they are proprietary, "
"their owners have power over the server.  That's unfair to the operator, and "
"doesn't help you at all.  But if the programs on the server are free, that "
"doesn't protect you <em>as the server's user</em> from the effects of SaaS.  "
"They give freedom to the operator, but not to you."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"Releasing the server software source code does benefit the community: "
"suitably skilled users can set up similar servers, perhaps changing the "
"software.  But none of these servers would give you control over computing "
"you do on it, unless it's <em>your</em> server.  The rest would all be "
"SaaS.  SaaS always subjects you to the power of the server operator, and the "
"only remedy is, <em>Don't use SaaS!</em> Don't use someone else's server to "
"do your own computing on data provided by you."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <h3>
msgid "Distinguishing SaaS from Other Network Services"
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"Does avoiding SaaS mean you refuse to use any network servers run by anyone "
"other than you? Not at all.  Most servers do not raise this issue, because "
"the job you do with them isn't your own computing except in a trivial sense."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"The original purpose of web servers wasn't to do computing for you, it was "
"to publish information for you to access.  Even today this is what most web "
"sites do, and it doesn't pose the SaaS problem, because accessing someone's "
"published information isn't a matter of doing your own computing.  Neither "
"is publishing your own materials via a blog site or a microblogging service "
"such as Twitter or identi.ca.  The same goes for communication not meant to "
"be private, such as chat groups.  Social networking can extend into SaaS; "
"however, at root it is just a method of communication and publication, not "
"SaaS.  If you use the service for minor editing of what you're going to "
"communicate, that is not a significant issue."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"Services such as search engines collect data from around the web and let you "
"examine it.  Looking through their collection of data isn't your own "
"computing in the usual sense&mdash;you didn't provide that collection&mdash;"
"so using such a service to search the web is not SaaS.  (However, using "
"someone else's search engine to implement a search facility for your own "
"site <em>is</em> SaaS.)"
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"E-commerce is not SaaS, because the computing isn't solely yours; rather, it "
"is done jointly for you and another party.  So there's no particular reason "
"why you alone should expect to control that computing.  The real issue in e-"
"commerce is whether you trust the other party with your money and personal "
"information."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"Using a joint project's servers isn't SaaS because the computing you do in "
"this way isn't yours personally.  For instance, if you edit pages on "
"Wikipedia, you are not doing your own computing; rather, you are "
"collaborating in Wikipedia's computing."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"Wikipedia controls its own servers, but groups can face the problem of SaaS "
"if they do their group activities on someone else's server.  Fortunately, "
"development hosting sites such as Savannah and SourceForge don't pose the "
"SaaS problem, because what groups do there is mainly publication and public "
"communication, rather than their own private computing."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"Multiplayer games are a group activity carried out on someone else's server, "
"which makes them SaaS.  But where the data involved is just the state of "
"play and the score, the worst wrong the operator might commit is "
"favoritism.  You might well ignore that risk, since it seems unlikely and "
"very little is at stake.  On the other hand, when the game becomes more than "
"just a game, the issue changes."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"Which online services are SaaS? Google Docs is a clear example.  Its basic "
"activity is editing, and Google encourages people to use it for their own "
"editing; this is SaaS.  It offers the added feature of collaborative "
"editing, but adding participants doesn't alter the fact that editing on the "
"server is SaaS.  (In addition, Google Docs is unacceptable because it "
"installs a large nonfree JavaScript program into the users' browsers.)  If "
"using a service for communication or collaboration requires doing "
"substantial parts of your own computing with it too, that computing is SaaS "
"even if the communication is not."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"Some sites offer multiple services, and if one is not SaaS, another may be "
"SaaS.  For instance, the main service of Facebook is social networking, and "
"that is not SaaS; however, it supports third-party applications, some of "
"which may be SaaS.  Flickr's main service is distributing photos, which is "
"not SaaS, but it also has features for editing photos, which is SaaS."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"Some sites whose main service is publication and communication extend it "
"with &ldquo;contact management&rdquo;: keeping track of people you have "
"relationships with.  Sending mail to those people for you is not SaaS, but "
"keeping track of your dealings with them, if substantial, is SaaS."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"If a service is not SaaS, that does not mean it is OK.  There are other bad "
"things a service can do.  For instance, Facebook distributes video in Flash, "
"which pressures users to run nonfree software, and it gives users a "
"misleading impression of privacy.  Those are important issues too, but this "
"article's concern is the issue of SaaS."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"The IT industry discourages users from considering these distinctions.  "
"That's what the buzzword &ldquo;cloud computing&rdquo; is for.  This term is "
"so nebulous that it could refer to almost any use of the Internet.  It "
"includes SaaS and it includes nearly everything else.  The term only lends "
"itself to uselessly broad statements."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"The real meaning of &ldquo;cloud computing&rdquo; is to suggest a devil-may-"
"care approach towards your computing.  It says, &ldquo;Don't ask questions, "
"just trust every business without hesitation.  Don't worry about who "
"controls your computing or who holds your data.  Don't check for a hook "
"hidden inside our service before you swallow it.&rdquo; In other words, "
"&ldquo;Think like a sucker.&rdquo; I prefer to avoid the term."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <h3>
msgid "Dealing with the SaaS Problem"
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"Only a small fraction of all web sites do SaaS; most don't raise the issue.  "
"But what should we do about the ones that raise it?"
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"For the simple case, where you are doing your own computing on data in your "
"own hands, the solution is simple: use your own copy of a free software "
"application.  Do your text editing with your copy of a free text editor such "
"as GNU Emacs or a free word processor.  Do your photo editing with your copy "
"of free software such as GIMP."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"But what about collaborating with other individuals? It may be hard to do "
"this at present without using a server.  If you use one, don't trust a "
"server run by a company.  A mere contract as a customer is no protection "
"unless you could detect a breach and could really sue, and the company "
"probably writes its contracts to permit a broad range of abuses.  Police can "
"subpoena your data from the company with less basis than required to "
"subpoena them from you, supposing the company doesn't volunteer them like "
"the US phone companies that illegally wiretapped their customers for Bush.  "
"If you must use a server, use a server whose operators give you a basis for "
"trust beyond a mere commercial relationship."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"However, on a longer time scale, we can create alternatives to using "
"servers.  For instance, we can create a peer-to-peer program through which "
"collaborators can share data encrypted.  The free software community should "
"develop distributed peer-to-peer replacements for important &ldquo;web "
"applications&rdquo;.  It may be wise to release them under the <a href=\"/"
"licenses/why-affero-gpl.html\"> GNU Affero GPL</a>, since they are likely "
"candidates for being converted into server-based programs by someone else.  "
"The <a href=\"/\">GNU project</a> is looking for volunteers to work on such "
"replacements.  We also invite other free software projects to consider this "
"issue in their design."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"In the meantime, if a company invites you to use its server to do your own "
"computing tasks, don't yield; don't use SaaS.  Don't buy or install &ldquo;"
"thin clients&rdquo;, which are simply computers so weak they make you do the "
"real work on a server, unless you're going to use them with <em>your</em> "
"server.  Use a real computer and keep your data there.  Do your work with "
"your own copy of a free program, for your freedom's sake."
msgstr ""

#. TRANSLATORS: Use space (SPC) as msgstr if you don't have notes.
#. type: Content of: <div>
msgid "*GNUN-SLOT: TRANSLATOR'S NOTES*"
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <div><p>
msgid ""
"Please send FSF &amp; GNU inquiries to <a href=\"mailto:gnu AT gnu.org\";>&lt;"
"gnu AT gnu.org&gt;</a>.  There are also <a href=\"/contact/\">other ways to "
"contact</a> the FSF."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <div><p>
msgid ""
"Please send broken links and other corrections or suggestions to <a href="
"\"mailto:webmasters AT gnu.org\";>&lt;webmasters AT gnu.org&gt;</a>."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <div><p>
msgid ""
"Please see the <a href=\"/server/standards/README.translations.html"
"\">Translations README</a> for information on coordinating and submitting "
"translations of this article."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <div><p>
msgid "Copyright &copy; 2010 Richard Stallman"
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <div><p>
msgid ""
"This page is licensed under a <a rel=\"license\" href=\"http://";
"creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/3.0/us/\">Creative Commons Attribution-"
"NoDerivs 3.0 United States License</a>."
msgstr ""

#. TRANSLATORS: Use space (SPC) as msgstr if you don't want credits.
#. type: Content of: <div><div>
msgid "*GNUN-SLOT: TRANSLATOR'S CREDITS*"
msgstr ""

#.  timestamp start
#. type: Content of: <div><p>
msgid "Updated:"