trad-gnu - [Trad Gnu] 2 textes de RMS datant... de 1983

Objet : Liste de travail pour la traduction de la philosophie GNU (liste à inscription publique)

[Trad Gnu] 2 textes de RMS datant... de 1983

  • From: Thérèse Godefroy <godef.th AT free.fr>
  • To: "trad-gnu AT april.org" <trad-gnu AT april.org>
  • Subject: [Trad Gnu] 2 textes de RMS datant... de 1983
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 12:48:11 +0100

Bonjour à tous,

Ce sont 2 textes très courts écrits avant l'annonce initiale du projet
GNU. Importance historique donc, mais pas que.

Je ne mettrai sur pad que si personne ne veut se les approprier.

Comme d'habitude, les POTs sont ici :
https://www.gnu.org/software/gnun/reports/report-fr.html

... et aussi en pj.

Qui en veut ?

Amicalement,
Thérèse
# LANGUAGE translation of http://www.gnu.org/gnu/yes-give-it-away.html
# Copyright (C) YEAR Free Software Foundation, Inc.
# This file is distributed under the same license as the original article.
# FIRST AUTHOR <EMAIL@ADDRESS>, YEAR.
#
#, fuzzy
msgid ""
msgstr ""
"Project-Id-Version: yes-give-it-away.html\n"
"POT-Creation-Date: 2016-01-01 05:55+0000\n"
"PO-Revision-Date: YEAR-MO-DA HO:MI+ZONE\n"
"Last-Translator: FULL NAME <EMAIL@ADDRESS>\n"
"Language-Team: LANGUAGE <LL AT li.org>\n"
"Language: \n"

#. type: Content of: <title>
msgid "Yes, Give It Away - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation"
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <h2>
msgid "Yes, Give It Away"
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"<strong>by <a href=\"http://www.stallman.org/\";>Richard "
"Stallman</a></strong>"
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <blockquote><p>
msgid ""
"Richard Stallman wrote this text, which was found in a file dated May 1983, "
"though it is not clear whether they were written then or earlier. In May "
"1983 he was privately considering plans to develop a free operating system, "
"but he may not yet have decided to make it a Unix-like system rather than "
"something like the MIT Lisp Machine."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <blockquote><p>
msgid ""
"He had not yet conceptually distinguished the two meanings of "
"&ldquo;free;&rdquo; these messages are formulated in terms of gratis copies,
"
"but take for granted that this means users also have freedom."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"One of the important reasons for giving software away free is to enable the "
"users to change it. This allows them to make better use of it, and also "
"encourages and enables them to contribute to the effort. Furthermore, they "
"develop self-reliance, confidence, and a sense of responsibility."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"I've often heard that Americans will think something is worthless if it's "
"free. It might be true, but it's not rational. People have a right to be "
"neurotic but we should not encourage this. In the mean time, giving "
"software away is not &ldquo;treating it as worthless&rdquo; just because "
"some masochists might conclude it was worthless."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"Users would not change software if it were worthless; rather, because it is "
"worth more to them as changed than before. Some central maintenance is also
"
"useful, but there are other ways to provide for this aside from hassling the
"
"users."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"I have a lot of experience with sharing software and having the users change
"
"it. I find that"
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <ol><li>
msgid "there is little tendency to believe EMACS is worthless"
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <ol><li>
msgid "users change EMACS a lot"
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <ol><li>
msgid "users' changes contribute to EMACS development"
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <ol><li>
msgid "centralized maintenance of EMACS continues"
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"I approached users in a non-manipulative cooperative spirit, and they "
"reacted enthusiastically and cooperatively. When told that restrictions are
"
"being imposed to trick their neuroses or because they are assumed in advance
"
"to be incompetent, they feel justifiable resentment. They also tend to "
"become incompetent and neurotic as a result."
msgstr ""

#. TRANSLATORS: Use space (SPC) as msgstr if you don't have notes.
#. type: Content of: <div>
msgid "*GNUN-SLOT: TRANSLATOR'S NOTES*"
msgstr ""

msgid ""
"Please send general FSF &amp; GNU inquiries to <a "
"href=\"mailto:gnu AT gnu.org\";>&lt;gnu AT gnu.org&gt;</a>. There are also <a "
"href=\"/contact/\">other ways to contact</a> the FSF. Broken links and "
"other corrections or suggestions can be sent to <a "
"href=\"mailto:webmasters AT gnu.org\";>&lt;webmasters AT gnu.org&gt;</a>."
msgstr ""

#. TRANSLATORS: Ignore the original text in this paragraph,
#. replace it with the translation of these two:
#
#. We work hard and do our best to provide accurate, good quality
#. translations. However, we are not exempt from imperfection.
#. Please send your comments and general suggestions in this regard
#. to <a href="mailto:web-translators AT gnu.org";>
#
#. &lt;web-translators AT gnu.org&gt;</a>.</p>
#
#. <p>For information on coordinating and submitting translations of
#. our web pages, see <a
#. href="/server/standards/README.translations.html">Translations
#. README</a>.
msgid ""
"Please see the <a "
"href=\"/server/standards/README.translations.html\">Translations README</a> "
"for information on coordinating and submitting translations of this article."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <div><p>
msgid "Copyright &copy; 2015, 2016 Free Software Foundation, Inc."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <div><p>
msgid ""
"This page is licensed under a <a rel=\"license\" "
"href=\"http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/4.0/\";>Creative Commons "
"Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License</a>."
msgstr ""

#. TRANSLATORS: Use space (SPC) as msgstr if you don't want credits.
#. type: Content of: <div><div>
msgid "*GNUN-SLOT: TRANSLATOR'S CREDITS*"
msgstr ""

#. timestamp start
#. type: Content of: <div><p>
msgid "Updated:"
msgstr ""
# LANGUAGE translation of
http://www.gnu.org/gnu/why-programs-should-be-shared.html
# Copyright (C) YEAR Free Software Foundation, Inc.
# This file is distributed under the same license as the original article.
# FIRST AUTHOR <EMAIL@ADDRESS>, YEAR.
#
#, fuzzy
msgid ""
msgstr ""
"Project-Id-Version: why-programs-should-be-shared.html\n"
"POT-Creation-Date: 2016-01-01 05:55+0000\n"
"PO-Revision-Date: YEAR-MO-DA HO:MI+ZONE\n"
"Last-Translator: FULL NAME <EMAIL@ADDRESS>\n"
"Language-Team: LANGUAGE <LL AT li.org>\n"
"Language: \n"

#. type: Content of: <title>
msgid "Why Programs Should be Shared - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation"
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <h2>
[...]

"Five years ago one could take for granted that any useful program written at
"
"SAIL, MIT, CMU, etc. would be shared. Since then, these universities have "
"started acting just like software houses&mdash;everything useful will be "
"sold for an arm and a leg (usually after being written at gov't expense)."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"People find all sorts of excuses why it's harmful to give away software. "
"These supposed problems never bothered us back when we <em>wanted</em> to "
"share, and haven't affected EMACS, so I suspect they are bogus."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"For example, people say that companies will &ldquo;steal&rdquo; it and sell "
"it. If so, that would be no worse than Stanford selling it! At least people
"
"would have the choice of getting a free copy. Users want to buy maintained "
"software? Then let people sell service contracts&mdash;but give the software
"
"itself free."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"I think I can dispose of any reasons you may think exist for not sharing "
"software. But more important is the reason why we <em>should</em> share:"
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"We would get more done with the same amount of work, if artificial obstacles
"
"were removed. And we would feel more in harmony with everyone else."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"Sharing software is the form that scientific cooperation takes in the field "
"of computer science. Universities used to defend the principle of "
"scientific cooperation. Is it right for them to throw it over for profit?"
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid "Should we let them?"
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid ""
"Right now graduate students here are working on programming projects that "
"are specifically intended for sale. But if we create a climate of opinion "
"like that of five years ago, the university wouldn't dare to do this. And "
"if you start sharing, other people might start sharing with you."
msgstr ""

#. type: Content of: <p>
msgid "So let's start sharing again."