traductions - Re: [Trad April] [FR->EN] Translation of " Célébrer les 30 ans de GNU le 21 septembre 2013 à Pa ris 8"

Objet : Liste de discussion pour le groupe de travail traductions (liste à inscription publique)

Re: [Trad April] [FR->EN] Translation of " Célébrer les 30 ans de GNU le 21 septembre 2013 à Pa ris 8"

  • From: Thérèse Godefroy <godef.th AT free.fr>
  • To: traductions AT april.org
  • Subject: Re: [Trad April] [FR->EN] Translation of " Célébrer les 30 ans de GNU le 21 septembre 2013 à Pa ris 8"
  • Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 13:40:14 +0200

Le jeudi 12 septembre 2013 à 11:27 +0200, Frederic Couchet a écrit :
> Jeanne> Please note that MIT is in Cambridge, not Boston. (I put
> Jeanne> Cambridge in the translation; the original still says
> Jeanne> Boston.)
>
> I modified the French version. Thank you.

Hi,

The only problem, for European people, is that they think "Cambridge,
GB" rather than "Cambridge, MA". Of course, they also know that the MIT
is in the US. By the time they are done making up their mind about which
Cambridge it is, their eyes have gone to the next paragraph. They will
never remember what the previous sentence was talking about. So in fact,
it may be better to leave Cambridge out, IMVHO. ;)

Thérèse