traductions - Re: [Trad April] http://pad.april.org/p/tradactuconseiletat is waiting for its proofreaders

Objet : Liste de discussion pour le groupe de travail traductions (liste à inscription publique)

Re: [Trad April] http://pad.april.org/p/tradactuconseiletat is waiting for its proofreaders

  • From: Thérèse Godefroy <godef.th AT free.fr>
  • To: traductions AT april.org
  • Subject: Re: [Trad April] http://pad.april.org/p/tradactuconseiletat is waiting for its proofreaders
  • Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 15:03:20 +0200

Le vendredi 02 août 2013 à 11:14 +0000, Papajorgji,Juna a écrit :
> My 2 cents in 2 suggestions:
>

> * In 1st paragraph: "confirme par la jurisprudence" it is now
> "establishes jurisprudence"...and it does not seem right....believe it
> should be "establishes judicial interpretation" or "establishes legal
> precedence."

"establishes legal precedence." seems right.
Another suggestion: "establishes case law".

> * As to your question in 2nd paragraph: first "avait décidé de mettre
> en place" ...sounds better as "had made a decision to use", and then
> "un appel d'offres pour la mise en œuvre" ...is closer to "a request
> for proposals for the implementation (not deployment)".

"had made a decision to use" is better indeed.

"Appel d'offre" usually translates to "call for tender" or "invitation
to tender", but "request for tender" would do also. I think the keyword
"tender" should be kept.

"Implementation" is the usual translation of "mise en place". But here
we may be dealing with a whole series of implementations. I don't really
know what "platform" means in this case. Just the server (then
"implementation" would be fine) or server + clients in the schools (then
I would tend to use "deployment")?

> I have not edited the document, but would be happy to if these
> suggestions make sense. j

Thanks for your input, Juna.
Thérèse