trad-gnu - Re: [Trad Gnu] Can you help us promote the FSF's membership drive by translating the appeal page?

Objet : Liste de travail pour la traduction de la philosophie GNU (liste à inscription publique)

Re: [Trad Gnu] Can you help us promote the FSF's membership drive by translating the appeal page?

  • From: Miriam Bastian <miriam AT fsf.org>
  • To: Therese Godefroy <thg AT gnu.org>
  • Cc: trad-gnu <trad-gnu AT april.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Trad Gnu] Can you help us promote the FSF's membership drive by translating the appeal page?
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2024 16:16:44 -0400

On 6/24/24 15:42, Therese Godefroy wrote:
Le 24/06/2024 à 16:43, Laurent Lyaudet a écrit :
[...]

I preferred vous instead of tu whilst translating.
I'm wondering if it could make sense to have an account option to say which kind of grammar rule should be used for you or your contacts when contacted via the FSF.
Otherwise, you gather only  the endless teenagers, I think ;).

Best regards,
       Laurent Lyaudet

We have no way of knowing which style (formal "vous" or informal "tu")
is most efficient before trying both. Miriam could compare the harvest
of French-speaking subscriptions in July 2024 and July 2023. This may
give us a hint.

Sure, happy to do that. Note however, that we changed other things in our fundraising strategy as well for this fundraiser, which may affect the result as well. E.g. we have no graphics on the banner, only text this time. And we communicate more clearly that the FSF urgently needs financial support.

Archives gérées par MHonArc 2.6.19+.

Haut de le page